Audio + Video
What does your bra have to do with the prison industrial complex OR What's in your mailbox?
Big People on the Airplane, Canadian Obesity Network Conference Keynote
Gender, Race and Money
Things I Learned from Fat People on the Plane
The Gayness: Love and Hate in America
My Son is a Straight A Student
From Complicated Courtesies at Penn State Cultural Conversations
For more of Kimberly's videos go to her YouTube Channel - Kimberly Dark Perfoms
And for your listening pleasure . . .
Location is Everything (CD)
Location is Everything combines the best of spoken word performance, storytelling, humor and social activism. From the exquisite narrative arc of “The Summer My Son Turned Sixteen” to the hilarious and illuminating “Public Woman” Dark’s mastery with this art form is clear.
You Are My Singing Lesson (CD)
“…we relax and let her sensual voice recite the very well-written, well-thought out poems… Kim Dark is the voice you heard that time you saw the one you knew you couldn’t have, the instant you realized all your dreams had come true, and the poetry is the answer to the question you ask everyday. Yes.”
Podcasts and Readings
- Enjoy some storytelling from Kimberly on The Creative Flow Podcast.
- Kimberly shares from Fat, Pretty, and Soon to Be Old on New Books Network's podcast.
- Kimberly discusses her new book Fat, Pretty, and Soon to Be Old on Food Psych.
- Kimberly's interview with Feminist Magazine on Storytelling Body Culture, have a listen.
- Kimberly's interview on Popaganda's (from Bitch Media) "The Feminist Guide to Escaping Diet Culture."
- Kimberly's interview and poetry reading on the Body Kindness Podcast.
- Kimberly's interview with the Strong Feelings Podcast about her book, Fat, Pretty, and Soon to Be Old. Available here.
- Kimberly's essay, "Skydiving For Fun" has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize, and is currently available to listen to in Rascal Journal.
- Kimberly's interview with The Every Body Podcast, Episode 21, is available: download it directly here, or from iTunes here.
- Kimberly's essay, "Selfish People Need Selfish Stories" is available to listen to in Medium.
- Kimberly's July 2014 interview on Feminist Magazine regarding storytelling for cultural change. (Also in this interview: the brilliant Andrea Smith. Please listen to her, read her work.)
- Kimberly's story "Big People on the Airplane" is in this June 2014 issue of Bitch-Media's Popaganda.